Saturday, April 26, 2014

P3 Pregnancy Program: Don't Become A Statistic!



P3 is a program I developed after my first pregnancy to help women achieve their full potential as moms to be and new moms!


Let's back track a few years, after I gave up my stint with the sports world where I spend almost a decade of my career......and settled into my current Downtown NYC clinic!


Every day we saw women for pregnancy related headaches, shoulder, back and knee pain and then two years later I found myself pregnant...... and I decided "NOT ME", I'm not becoming a statistic.


So the P3 pregnancy program was born four months after the birth of my first child and of course I repeated the program again when I had my second.  


So come along with me on this journey through my blog where I will share tips, secrets, and honest truths plus teach you how to have the best pregnancy journey ever!  


Stay tuned and check out an overview of the program below.

Renuka Pinto, MPT, PGDR, CSCS, CES












The P3 Method: Plan, Prepare, Prevent
The P3 Method is tailored to your particular needs and is even covered by some health insurance plans. The class is held by appointment only, and can be scheduled at your convenience.

Your custom program may include the following:

MANUAL THERAPY
One-on-one, hands-on approach to address musculoskeletal changes

PELVIC MUSCLE RE-EDUCATION
A technique that uses computerized equipment to measure baseline pelvic floor strength at onset of pregnancy and then re-train pelvic floor post delivery




PELVIC FLOOR EDUCATION
Kegel and breathing techniques to facilitate integrity of pelvic floor

POSTURAL RE-EDUCATION AND MOVEMENT TECHNIQUE
A visual and proprioceptive feedback is utilized to adapt to bodily changes
 
STRENGTH BUILDING
GRAVITY small-group personal training is a non-impact tool to help build muscle strength and cardio efficiency

CUSTOM SHOPPING
Individualized education on baby products in relation to your body type and muscle strength (e.g. sling versus carrier)

BABY TRAINING
Specific stretches and strengthening exercises to prevent post-delivery musculoskeletal breakdown when caring for your newborn

GETTING YOUR BODY BACK
Post-delivery exercise program to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight

Q&A
Tips on how, what, when, and where while pregnant, immediately postpartum, and post-labor
© Total Gym

No comments:

Post a Comment